As part of the central LSE campus, Cowdray House was built in 1903 by Architect Horace Field and is Edwardian in style and is Grade II Listed. This project saw its phased refurbishment and remodelling.
The building housed staff and researchers from a number of departments and the purpose of the project was to minimise this to a single department of ‘Health Policy’ after the construction works were complete. The works in this project saw the internal refurbishment - a general upgrade of the accommodation to a reasonable consistent standard with specific alterations to layout as required to suit the specific needs of the Health Policy department.
The project was set over five floors and the building remained live and operational throughout.